A contractor is a person or company that performs work on a contract basis. The term may refer to:
Types of contractor:-
- Defence contractor:- Arms industry which provides weapons or military goods to a government
- General contractor:-An individual or organization that contracts with another individual or organization (the owner) for the construction of a building, road or other facility
- Government contractor:- A private company which produces goods or services for the government.
- Independent contractor:- A natural person, business or corporation which provides goods or services to another entity under terms specified in a contract.
- Private military company:- An organization or individual that contracts to provide services of a military nature.
- School bus contractor :-A private company or proprietorship which provides school bus service to a school district or non-public school.
- Subcontractor:-,An individual or business that signs a contract to perform part or all of the obligations of another’s contract.
- Consultant:–A professional who provides expert advice in a particular domain or area of expertise.
- Permatemp:-A person who works for an organization for an extended period via a staffing age.